Asset Integrity is the ability of an asset to perform its required function effectively and efficiently while safeguarding life and the environment. Management activities ensure that the people, systems, processes and resources which deliver integrity, are in place, in use and fit for purpose over the whole lifecycle of the asset.
The goal of asset management is to effectively manage corporate assets in order to gain maximum value, profitability and returns while safeguarding personnel, the community, and the environment. A true Asset Integrity Management program incorporates design, maintenance, inspection, process, operations, and management concepts, since all these disciplines impact the integrity of infrastructure and equipment.
The objective of an Asset Integrity Management (AIM) system is to maximize the return on assets while maintaining stakeholder value and minimizing business risks associated with accidents and loss of production.
Asset Integrity Management ensures that the assets stay fit for purpose – safe and operational – under all circumstances. AIM delivers:
- Safety and reliability improvement;
- Optimization of maintenance and inspection activities to meet safety and business targets;
- Optimizing inspection and maintenance costs;
- Maximizing production and asset value;
- Maximizing Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) of equipment
- Reducing lost income due to unplanned shutdowns;
- Reduction in maintenance and inspection cost
- Maintaining an auditable system.
- Enhancing plant performance and profit
- Improving safety and reduce risk
- Improving personnel safety and performance
- Compliance with company, local rules and regulations using unparalleled engineering service, we can help your organization, plant or facility achieve these benefits and goals.
The primary objective of AIM is to maintain the asset in a fit-for-service condition while extending its remaining life in the most reliable, safe, and costeffective manner.
Elements of Asset Integrity Management
- Inspection (Advanced Technologies)
- Risk Assessment and Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Maintenance (Reliability, Predictive, and Preventive Strategies)
- Operational and Process Support (Critical Operating and Process Windows)
- Process Safety and Mechanical Integrity Services
- It Support/Software Tools
- Management Strategies
- HSE Strategies
- Business and Financial Modeling
- Training in Industry Codes, Standards and Regulations
BSP provides specialists and engineering support in all areas of AIM, including design, process safety, mechanical integrity, inspection and maintenance, operational and process support, corrosion, metallurgy, and risk analysis.
Our experts have in-depth knowledge of the oil, gas, petrochemical, power, renewable energy, civil and infrastructure fields, providing AIM solutions clients need to achieve productivity gains, while meeting safety and environmental concerns.
BSP has experienced project managers and engineers who can oversee all aspects of the project. Our personnel are also able to handle the management of change process necessary to transition from time-based or condition-based to risk-based inspection and maintenance programs.
Program Gap Analysis
BSP experts assist our clients in identifying the gaps between their program needs and current implementation. BSP understands the importance of insuring the availability of the real time Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that are critical to successful programs.
BSP Asset Integrity Management Solutions
- Risk-Based Inspection Strategy Implementation (RBI)
- Condition-Based Maintenance Including Optimization Studies and RCM
- Functional Safety (IEC 61508 / IEC 61511) & Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- Vibration Induced Fatigue Failure Solutions
- Pipeline Integrity Management Services
- Forensic Engineering and Failure Analysis Services
- Condition Assessment
- Oil And Gas Asset Integrity Management (AIM)
- Offshore Hazard and Risk Assessment Services
- Energy Auditing and Mapping Services